If you’re planning a long distance move into or away from the Commerce area, you’re probably feeling a little anxious about how it’s going to go. After all, your belongings are a very important part of your life and you’d have a tough time starting over if they were to be lost or damaged in any way.
Long-Distance Moving Doesn’t Have To Be Stressful!
As one of the most trusted long distance moving companies in the Los Angeles area, Out of the Box Moving Solutions has helped hundreds of people navigate the often stressful waters of a long distance move.
That’s why we’ve put together this handy list of essential supplies that you should never try to move without. And remember, if you’re struggling to find the time to pack before your move, Out of the Box Moving Solutions can do that part for you too!
- Boxes – This is obvious, right? You can’t move your stuff one item at a time. It’s far better to group like things together in boxes, but where are you going to get 342 boxes from? You can beg friends and raid the back alley of the liquor store, but we’d highly recommend using our moving supplies delivery service instead. You’ll get high quality boxes that are designed to withstand a long distance move.
- Luggage – Why just throw your empty luggage in the truck when you could fill it full of clothes and other unbreakable objects? This way you can save your sturdy boxes for fragile items that need more protection.
- Cushioning – Speaking of protection, make sure you’ve got paper wrapping, bubble wrap, or even old towels and blankets that can be used to keep breakable items from banging up against each other during transit.
- Packing Tape – This is heavy-duty, clear tape that can be used to build your boxes. We recommend double taping the bottom of your boxes, especially if they’re going to be filled with heavy things like books or pots and pans.
- Masking Tape – This is a medium-duty tape that’s usually an opaque color. We recommend using this tape to seal the top of your boxes so that they’re easy to open without the use of a knife or scissors.
- Markers – Boxes must be marked! Use a permanent marker to indicate the contents of the box and the room in which it belongs. Use different colored markers to help make the organization even easier!
We hope this post has helped you to be a little less anxious about your long distance move. Remember, there are lots of moving companies in Los Angeles, but we hope that you’ll choose the experts at Out of the Box Moving Solutions.